Executive Vice President
Every engagement is a partnership, and I believe every client deserves a tailored solution. I learn about each client’s culture and what makes an organization unique by engaging in an open dialogue. By welcoming my clients’ perspectives, ideas and suggestions and by providing extensive experience and best practices, I work with my clients to develop an effective approach that everyone can fully invest in.
Recent Clients Served
- Castilleja School
- Communities in Schools of Chicago
- Convent & Stuart Hall
- Latin School of Chicago
- Loyola University Chicago
- Marin Country Day School
- Marquette University
- Ronald McDonald House at Stanford
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Global
- Saint Francis Xavier Parish and School
- San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
- The Nature Conservancy
- University of San Francisco
- Women’s Funding Network
Areas of ExpertiseEducation, Arts & Culture, Healthcare and Human Services, Youth-Focused
About Julia McGuireWith more than 25 years of development experience, Julia brings strategic insight and a trademark hands-on approach to each client relationship. Praised for her ability to thoughtfully evaluate client practices through the lens of fundraising best practices, she helps develop creative solutions appropriate for specific organizations and their needs. She describes how, “I come to help my clients secure the support they need to sustain and grow their crucial work, so I strive to serve as a partner by:
- Helping organizations maximize fundraising effectiveness in support of their mission
- Helping build relationships between my clients and their staff, volunteers, donors, members and other key constituencies.
- Coaching volunteers and organizational leaders to successfully share the organization’s vision, mission, and fundraising priorities with key constituents
- Helping donors understand the impact of their philanthropy on an organization, as well as the options available for their gifts
- Empowering staff in all interactions with volunteer and administrative leadership”
Having started with Campbell & Company in 2000, Julia relocated from the Chicago headquarters in 2005 to establish the San Francisco Bay Area office, strengthening the firm’s West Coast team of consultants. In 2015, she returned to the Chicago office where she continues her internal leadership role for Campbell & Company as well as continues to serve clients in California and the Midwest.
Julia started her career at the Rotary Foundation during its first worldwide PolioPlus Campaign, which raised more than double its $120 million goal. She served as Assistant Director for the Annual Fund at both Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC) and Loyola University Chicago and as Director of Major Gifts for LUMC Children’s Hospital. After serving on the founding board of the Ronald McDonald House near LUMC, Julia worked as the Director of Development for Ronald McDonald House Charities Global, focusing on national donors as well as a $200 million major and planned gift campaign. She also held the position of Director of Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Midwest Region, and raised operating and program funds for the organization.
Julia earned both her Bachelor of Arts, with honors, and her Master of Business Administration from Loyola University Chicago, where she was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, a business school honorary society.