I have driven success in over 50 campaigns across more than 100 engagements. This success comes from a partnership with my clients, focused on raising gifts that move the needle, and building the staffing and systems to support those efforts.
Recent Clients Served
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Ball State University
- Drew University
- Duke University
- College of Saint Benedict
- Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- John Burroughs School
- Latin School of Chicago
- Lawrence University
- Marquette University
- Northwestern Memorial Foundation
- Sarasota Memorial Health Foundation
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Sourthern Illinois University Edwardsville
- ThedaCare Family of Foundations
Areas of Expertise
Healthcare philanthropy, educational philanthropy, principal and major gift fundraising, campaign management, prospect analytics and research
About Adam Wilhelm
A hands-on collaborator, Adam Wilhelm engages organizational leadership and volunteers and translates their visions into implementable activities for fundraising staff. Throughout his career, he has demonstrated consummate skill in a variety of areas, including:
- Helping clients secure major gifts in support of their missions
- Increasing efficiencies across development operations
- Fostering board members’ understanding of their role in fundraising
- Helping articulate the value of philanthropy to an organization’s work
- Developing donor engagement strategies that link organizations’ missions to individuals’ interests
In addition to leading fundraising assessments, campaign planning studies, and providing strategic counsel, Adam has held a number of interim leadership roles, including Chief Development Officer, Vice President, and Campaign Director in advancement departments at hospitals, colleges, and independent schools.
Adam is a thought leader in the healthcare and education sectors and writes frequently on matters such as grateful patient programs, principal gifts, and endowment campaigns. He is also a guest speaker at events throughout the country. Adam joined Campbell & Company from the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago where he served as Director of Advancement during the seminary’s successful $56 million comprehensive campaign. During the campaign, he cultivated and solicited a national portfolio of donors and prospects for annual, capital, and planned gifts at all levels.
Adam holds a bachelor’s degree from St. Olaf College with a double major in English and American Racial and Multi-Cultural Studies. He serves as the Chair of the St. Olaf Fund Board and is a regular presenter at regional and national conferences of CASE-NAIS, CASE, AHP, and AFP.