Shaun Keister, PhD
Annual Giving Consultant
Working with annual giving programs, I identify opportunities for increasing donors and dollars and help to build the donor pipeline for major gifts. As a practitioner, I know the latest trends in annual giving. I bring this knowledge to all of my work and recommendations for my clients.
Recent Clients Served
- Arizona State University
- Evergreen State College
- Illinois State University
- Kohl Children’s Museum
- Loyola University Chicago
- Marquette University
- St. Catherine University
- St. Louis University
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company
- University of Arizona
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Annual Giving, Higher Education, Arts and Culture, Conservation
ABOUT SHAUN KEISTER
Shaun Keister brings 22 years of development experience to Campbell & Company’s Annual Giving team. In that time and throughout his career, he has worked with a broad spectrum of educational, arts and culture and conservation organizations.
In his client work and his current role as the Vice Chancellor of Development and Alumni Relations for the University of California, Davis, Shaun enjoys opportunities to:
- Design multi-tiered annual fund programs that incorporate telemarketing, direct mail, e-philanthropy, and personal solicitation
- Train staff and volunteers on telemarketing and witness a volunteer’s first successful call
- Share his expertise and meeting new annual giving professionals at Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Council and Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) conferences
- Keep abreast of the current trends and new techniques in the constantly changing annual giving field
In his role at UC Davis, Shaun serves as the institution's Chief Development Officer. Shaun successfully led the completion of their recent $1 billion campaign, hitting its goal more than a year ahead of schedule. Prior to UC Davis, he served as Associate Vice President for Development at The Pennsylvania State University and as Vice President for Development Outreach at the Iowa State University Foundation. In his 13-year tenure at the ISU Foundation, he increased annual giving productivity by more than 80 percent. He has also been involved with the launch of three major campaigns in the amounts of $2 billion, $800 million, and $458 million.
Active in AFP and CASE, Shaun has made more than 50 national presentations to large audiences. He earned his Bachelor degree, with honors and distinction, from Penn State University and both his Master’s Degree and Doctorate from Iowa State University.