Whether an organization is launching a campaign or redefining the way it operates, success hinges on clear communication. I help nonprofits advance their fundraising programs by working with them to develop a clear path forward that takes into account their unique situations as well as proven best practices.
Recent Clients Served
- AARP: Center to Champion Nursing in America
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Medical Association Foundation
- Horizons Foundation: The LGBT Giving Project and The National Task Force on LGBT Planned Giving
- National Tropical Botanical Garden
- Planned Parenthood
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Future of Nursing Scholars
- United Way of Metropolitan Chicago
- Women’s Funding Network
Areas of Expertise
Campaign Planning Studies, Development Assessments, Philanthropic Messaging and Message Testing, Case Development, Governance Assessments, Human Services Fundraising, Federated Fundraising, Healthcare Fundraising
About Sarah Anderson
As Vice President, Sarah Anderson works with a wide variety of nonprofit organizations across the country. She brings to each engagement her expertise in strategic communications, a keen analytical eye, and skillful facilitation of challenging conversations. “One of Campbell & Company’s greatest strengths is the fact that we can offer such a wide range of valuable services to nonprofit organizations,” she says. “I enjoy the process of bringing together all of that work to develop creative, tailored, and crystal-clear strategies for our clients.” Sarah especially values opportunities to:
- Dig into an organization’s data to determine its greatest opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with complex organizations tackling challenging questions to develop creative solutions and navigate different perspectives along the way
- Facilitate collaborations within and across organizations to help leaders learn from one another and strengthen the effectiveness of their work
- Help organizations see themselves through their donors’ eyes and communicate about their missions in new ways
Based in Seattle, Sarah helps lead Campbell & Company’s Northwest team; she also led the firm’s strategic planning process and works closely with the leadership team to drive implementation of the plan.
Before joining Campbell & Company in 2007, Sarah worked for PR Newswire, where she helped clients prepare news releases and counseled them on public relations strategies. Sarah also previously wrote for The Associated Press in Columbus, Ohio, covering financial news around the state, and for The Advocate newspaper in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where she was recognized for her entertainment and business reporting.
Sarah graduated from the University of Florida’s honors college, where she studied journalism, political science, and business administration. While at the university, she served as editor-in-chief of The Independent Florida Alligator, the nation’s largest student-run newspaper.
Sarah is a member of the Giving USA Editorial Review Board and a volunteer with Social Justice Fund Northwest. She founded the Chatham Arch Community Garden, a neighborhood vegetable garden and orchard in Indianapolis. Sarah edited and contributed to The Patient Person, a collection of her mother’s writing, and is working on publication of a children’s book she wrote for her nieces.