Senior Consultant, Fundraising
I strive to be an attentive and perceptive partner who provides the tools and training an organization needs to overcome challenges and realize its vision through meaningful, lifelong connections with donors.
Recent Clients Served
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Evans Scholars Foundation
- Joffrey Ballet
- The Nature Conservancy in Illinois
- Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever
- Television Academy Foundation
- Volunteers of America National Headquarters
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
Areas of Expertise
Annual giving, Arts and Culture, Higher Education, Online Fundraising
About Kelsey Nelson
Kelsey’s passion for nonprofits drives her efforts to help them achieve and sustain growth through the power of philanthropy. She enjoys assisting organizations with strategic goal setting and innovative storytelling, always looking for opportunities to leverage their existing strengths. In her work with clients, she most enjoys:
- Making aggressive goals achievable through skillful project management and creative problem-solving
- Preparing gift officers and volunteers to solidify trust with and deeply inspire potential donors
- Helping organizations refine fundraising processes and create space to test new platforms and strategies for donor engagement
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Kelsey worked in the University of Michigan’s central development office. As a member of the Annual Giving team, she co-created a fiscal year solicitation plan, wrote university-wide direct mail and e-solicitations, and provided ongoing analyses of fundraising efforts to a portfolio of ten schools, colleges, and units. Additionally, she facilitated educational workshops for annual giving officers and helped implement lead generation and non-donor acquisition pilot projects. Kelsey began her career in philanthropy at the Adler Planetarium, where she worked closely with the Board of Trustees and oversaw special events, publications, and partnerships designed to advance the Adler brand.
Kelsey holds an MA in Art Education from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and a BA in History of Art & Architecture and French from Middlebury College, where she remains involved as a class agent and alumni interviewer. She is an avid runner and an officer of the Girls on the Run-Chicago Associate Board, and she serves as co-chair of AFP’s Education Council.