I believe that a positive approach to an organization’s challenges is the first step to institutional growth. I help clients transform by listening to their needs and encouraging them to focus on their assets, potential and future goals.
Recent Clients Served
- American Osteopathic Association
- Arena Stage
- Foundation of Research and Education of American Health Information Management Association
- Frances Xavier Warde School
- Joint Commission Resources
- Kentucky Country Day School
- Long Wharf Theatre
- Marin Country Day School
- The Masters School
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri
- Sacred Heart Schools
- Saint Mary’s College
- St. Catherine’s School
- Stoneybrooke Christian Schools
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- The Nature Conservancy in Wisconsin
- Women’s Funding Network
Areas of Expertise
Education, professional association philanthropy
About Kelly Short
Kelly Short takes on each new client project by learning about the organization’s strengths, from its irreplaceable mission to its involved volunteer base, as these form the foundation of future fundraising success. Kelly understands that nonprofit professionals face complex challenges within their institutions and as they work with donors outside of their organizations’ walls. She works alongside her clients, applying her years of experience with a range of organizations to maximize their strengths and apply them in tackling challenges. In her work, Kelly most values opportunities to:
- Create plans that clearly chart an organization to the future its leaders and donors envision
- Help clients strengthen their teams by understanding everyone’s strengths and an organization’s needs
- Help clients develop successful major gift strategies and relationship management skills to secure the high-level support
- Collaborate with donors and staff and foster collaboration between all of an organization’s stakeholders
- Adapt lessons learned at a small local client to a large, national client, or vice versa
Kelly entered the fundraising profession at the University of Notre Dame’s Chicago development office, where her work coincided with the culmination of Notre Dame’s $1 billion Generations Campaign. She worked with major campaign donors in the Chicago and surrounding regions as a Development Assistant.
Kelly joined Campbell & Company from Competitive Insights, a media analysis firm focusing on the technology and other business sectors. While there, she managed the strategic and tactical design of new business programs, developed products, conducted competitive analysis and provided clients with strategic counsel. Prior to Competitive Insights, Kelly served as an Assistant Account Executive at Ketchum Public Relations, developing comprehensive media materials and working with the media.
Kelly is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame, where she majored in English and Computer Applications. While at Notre Dame, she served as the President of the university chapter of the American Cancer Society.