Over the past 35 years I have worked with hundreds of individuals in dozens of organizations who strive to achieve ambitious, even audacious, goals. Some of these men and women devote their professional lives, others are dedicated volunteers. All of them lead from in front and by example to serve a greater good. I feel my best contribution is to help them succeed.
Recent Clients Served
- Classic KING FM Radio
- Green River College Foundation
- Jewish Family Service of Seattle
- Kitsap Humane Society
- MultiCare Healthcare System
- Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Pasado’s Safe Haven
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and the Hawai’ian Islands
- Seattle Art Museum
- Seattle Chamber Music Society
- Seattle Children's Theatre
- Seattle Opera
- SR3 (Sea Mammal Rescue, Research, and Rehabilitation)
- The Mountaineers
- The Numerica Performing Arts Center
- The Seattle Foundation
- Washington Environmental Council
- Washington Trails Association
- Wing Luke Museum of the Asian American Experience
- Women’s Funding Alliance
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Arts and Culture, Healthcare and Human Services, Nonprofit Executive Coaching, Pacific Northwest region
ABOUT JOANN MILLS
JoAnn returned to consulting with our Seattle team in 2015 after a decade during which she served as Campaign Project Director for Seattle Children’s Hospital Foundation’s $300 million comprehensive campaign, Senior Director of Development at Group Health Foundation, and Director of an executive coaching firm that focused on accelerating executive leadership performance in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
JoAnn brings a wealth of experience to her consulting engagements with non-profits, having been a top-rated “manager of managers” in the corporate sector, a front-line fundraiser, and a principal consultant. She also brings specific expertise in strategy and management for major fundraising campaigns as well as optimizing board engagement and ongoing major gift programs. In her work, JoAnn strives to:
- Be a thought partner to leaders who deliver results by providing clarity, creating alignment, prompting effective action, reaching significant goals, and celebrating success.
- Help staff, volunteers, and donors impact the unfolding story and deep significance of each nonprofit’s mission.
- Assist leaders in building organizational readiness and stamina for the long term by acting on opportunities to strengthen the executive function, infrastructure, governance, internal processes, and brand.
JoAnn currently serves on the board of the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian American Experience, having been recruited after providing campaign counsel for the Wing’s $24 million capital project. She is a past board member of SeaDoc Society (a program of the School of Veterinary Medicine, Wildlife Health Center, University of California-Davis), and past board chair for the National Development Officers Association (NDOA) and Women’s Funding Alliance. JoAnn holds a graduate-level Evidence Based Coaching Certificate from Fielding Graduate University - School of Human and Organizational Development and a Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Religion from University of Washington - Jackson School of International Studies.