Over the past 35 years I have worked with hundreds of individuals in dozens of organizations who strive to achieve ambitious, even audacious, goals. Some of these men and women devote their professional lives, others are dedicated volunteers. All of them lead from in front and by example to serve a greater good. I feel my best contribution is to help them succeed.
Recent Clients Served
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Bellevue
- The Bush School
- Center for Urban Waters
- Children’s Alliance
- EvergreenHealth Foundation
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Friends of Youth
- Green River College Foundation
- Humane Society of Seattle/King County
- Jewish Family Service of Seattle
- MultiCare Healthcare System
- Nordic Heritage Museum
- The Northwest School
- The Overlake School
- Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawai’ian Islands
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska
- Seattle Art Museum
- Seattle Chamber Music Society
- Seattle Children's Theatre
- Seattle Goodwill
- Seattle Opera
- Secret Harbor School & Foster Care Resources
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral
- The Northwest School
- The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian American Experience
- Trust for Public Land-Northwest Region
- University of California-Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Washington Alumni Association
- Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience
- Women’s Funding Alliance
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Arts and Culture, Healthcare and Human Services, Nonprofit Executive Coaching, Pacific Northwest region
ABOUT JoAnn Mills
JoAnn returned to consulting with our Seattle team in 2015 after a decade during which she served as Campaign Project Director for Seattle Children’s Hospital Foundation’s $300 million comprehensive campaign, Senior Director of Development at Group Health Foundation, and director of an executive coaching firm that focused on accelerating executive leadership performance in both the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
JoAnn brings a wealth of experience to her consulting engagements with non-profits having been a top-rated “manager of managers” in the corporate sector, a front-line fundraiser, and a principal consultant. She also brings specific expertise in strategy and management for major fundraising campaigns as well as optimizing board engagement and ongoing major gift programs. In her work, JoAnn strives to:
- Be a thought partner to leaders to help them deliver results by providing clarity, creating alignment, prompting effective action, reaching significant goals, and celebrating success.
- Help each nonprofit help its volunteers and donors be part of the unfolding story of the deep significance of its mission.
- Assist leaders in building organizational readiness and stamina for the long term by acting on opportunities to strengthen the executive function, infrastructure, governance, internal processes, and brand.
JoAnn currently serves on the board of the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian American Experience, having been recruited after providing campaign counsel for the Wing’s $24 million capital project. She is a past board member of SeaDoc Society (a program of the School of Veterinary Medicine, Wildlife Health Center, University of California-Davis), and past board chair for the National Development Officers Association (NDOA) and Women’s Funding Alliance. JoAnn holds a graduate-level Evidence Based Coaching Certificate from Fielding Graduate University - School of Human and Organizational Development and a Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Religion from University of Washington - Jackson School of International Studies.