Vice President and Director, Western Region
Leveraging over 30 years of experience working with nonprofits across all sectors, I develop tailored strategies to meet each organization’s specific needs. I have a proven track record of helping organizations enhance their development efforts through projects ranging from initial assessments to major campaign fundraising.
Recent Clients Served
- Bridge Housing
- Chadwick School
- Charles Darwin Foundation
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Mission Hospital Foundation
- Mount Saint Mary's University
- National Tropical Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- San Diego Zoo
- San Francisco Opera
- Seattle Symphony
- Smuin Ballet
- St. James' Episcopal School
- The Nature Conservancy - California
- University of San Francisco
Areas of Expertise
Environment, Independent Schools, Higher Education, Arts & Culture, Healthcare, Human Services, Campaign Planning & Implementation, Major Gift Fundraising, Board Development, Strategic Planning, Development Assessment, and Volunteer Training
About Craig Hightower
With nearly 35 years of experience in the non-profit sector, Craig Hightower heads Campbell & Company’s Western Regional office. His energy, talent and entrepreneurial instincts are evident in all of his client work, and his focus on helping clients achieve measurable success drives each project from start to finish. In his client work, Craig most values opportunities to:
- Make a lasting, positive impact on both the client and those they serve.
- Work with volunteers and donors to expand their fundraising skill sets and empower them to action on behalf of an organization.
- Help to raise donors’ sights, showing them a client’s strengths and how their increased giving can help transform an organization.
- Build fundraising infrastructures, ensuring that appropriate systems and staff are in place to support current and future philanthropy.
- Develop strong Boards, securing the present and future of client leadership on all levels.
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Craig served as regional Vice President of Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In 1992, he joined Children’s Hospital of Orange County to revive a stalled capital campaign to build a new hospital, and he later served as Chief Development Officer with oversight of the hospital’s comprehensive development program.
Other positions include serving as a Development Officer for California Institute of the Arts, Major Gifts Officer at the Music Center of Los Angeles County.
A musician by training, Craig earned a Bachelor of Music from Eastman School of Music and a Master of Music from the University of Southern California.