Vice President and Director, Western Region
Leveraging over 30 years of experience working with nonprofits across all sectors, I develop tailored strategies to meet each organization’s specific needs. I have a proven track record of helping organizations enhance their development efforts through projects ranging from initial assessments to major campaign fundraising.
Recent Clients Served
- BRIDGE Housing
- Chadwick School
- Charles Darwin Foundation
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Mount Saint Mary’s University
- National Tropical Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
- San Francisco School
- San Francisco Unified School District Arts Center
- Seattle Symphony
- St. James’ Episcopal School
- Television Academy Foundation
- The Nature Conservancy
- University of San Francisco
Areas of Expertise
Development audits, campaign counsel, feasibility studies, board development, volunteer training and strategic planning with a variety of clients in the arts and culture, healthcare, human service, education, and environmental sectors
About Craig Hightower
With over 35 years of experience in the nonprofit sector, Craig Hightower heads Campbell & Company’s Western Regional office. His energy, talent, and entrepreneurial instincts are evident in all of his client work, and his focus on helping clients achieve measurable success drives each project from start to finish. In his client work, Craig most values opportunities to:
- Make a lasting, positive impact on a client and all those it serves.
- Work with volunteers and donors to expand their fundraising skill sets and empower them to action on behalf of an organization.
- Help to raise donors’ sights, showing them a client’s strengths and how their increased giving can help transform an organization.
- Build fundraising infrastructure, ensuring that appropriate systems and staff are in place to support current and future philanthropy.
- Develop strong Boards, securing the present and future of client leadership on all levels.
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Craig served as regional Vice President of Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In 1992, Craig joined Children’s Hospital of Orange County to revive a stalled capital campaign to build a new hospital and later served as Chief Development Officer with oversight of the Hospital’s comprehensive development program.
A musician by training, Craig earned Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Music from Eastman School of Music and the University of Southern California, respectively.