Annual Giving Consultant
Recent Clients Served
- Evergreen State College
- North Carolina State University
- Marquette University
- Montclair State University
- St. Joseph's University
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- University of Detroit Mercy
- University of North Carolina – Wilmington
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Pacific - McGeorge School of Law
- Washburn University
- Whitman College
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Annual Giving, Major Gifts, Board Development, Alumni Relations, Higher Education, Arts and Culture
ABOUT BRIAN DAUGHERTY
Brian Daugherty has more than 20 years of experience in development with a focus on annual giving. He has worked for a variety of organizations in the nonprofit arena, including the Baltimore Symphony, the Baltimore Zoo, the University of Baltimore, the University of California, San Diego, San Diego State University and University of San Diego. He currently serves as the Senior Vice President & Chief Philanthropy Officer at San Diego Humane Society. In his work with Campbell & Company, Brian has found opportunities to:
- Learn new technologies and introduce them into his clients’ annual giving programs.
- Reveal the hidden truths found in organizations’ statistical data through in-depth analysis and study.
- Guide strategic planning processes to best position annual and major gift efforts for sustainable success.
Brian’s experience includes extensive work on telemarketing campaigns, direct mail, board management, volunteer solicitations, e-philanthropy and personal solicitations. He has significant experience in statistical data analysis and strategic planning and has also been an integral team member of capital campaigns ranging in scope from $16 million to $1 billion.
Brian has served as the fundraising chair for several nonprofit organizations and is a frequent presenter to such organizations as the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the Annual Giving Professionals Network (AGPN) and Academic Impressions. He also has written for CASE Currents magazine.
Brian holds a bachelor’s in finance from the University of South Florida and a master’s in nonprofit management and leadership from the University of San Diego.