Event: VERGE DC: Giving USA 2019
Tuesday, June 18, 2019: 8:00am - 12:00pm in Washington, DC at the American Geophysical Union
On June 18th, Giving USA will release its annual report on philanthropy, publishing in-depth research on the who, what, and where of giving in 2018. To mark the release, Campbell & Company will host events across the country, providing a platform for fundraising and nonprofit professionals to listen, network, and dive into the data.
Our DC VERGE event will pinpoint the biggest headlines of Giving USA 2018 in a short video, followed by a series of discussions focused on the future of philanthropy.
- Ric Edelman, Founder and Chairman, Financial Education and Client Experience, Edelman Financial Engines
- Patricia Funegra, Founder and CEO, La Cocina VA
- Dr. Madye Henson, President and CEO, Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers
- Bruce McNamer, President and CEO, Greater Washington Community Foundation
- Mark Moore, Co founder of the Mark and Brenda Moore Family Foundation
- Glen O'Gilvie, CAE, Chief Executive Officer, Center for Nonprofit Advancement
- Stacy Palmer, Editor, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Lidia Soto-Harmon, Chief Executive Officer, Girl Scouts Nation's Capital
- Jeff Wilklow, Vice President, Campbell & Company
- Christina Yoon, PhD, Vice President, Campbell & Company
Schedule will include:
- Registration, networking, and breakfast
- Emerging trends discussion with Stacy Palmer and Jeff Wilklow
- Keynote presentation with Ric Edelman and Mark Moore
- Funders' perspective: a panel on sector challenges and opportunities with Stacy Palmer, Bruce McNamer, and Dr. Madye Henson
- Nonprofit leaders' perspective: a panel on leadership development with Patricia Funegra, Glen O'Gilvie, Lidia Soto-Harmon, and Christina Yoon
- Audience Q&A
American Geophysical Union | Conference Center
2000 Florida Ave NW
Washington, DC 20009
CFRE: Attendance at this event is applicable for up to 3.5 CFRE continuing education points in category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Space is limited. Register by Thursday, June 13th to reserve your spot!
VERGE 2019 is presented by Campbell & Company in partnership with AFP DC, Greater Washington Community Foundation, and media partner, The Chronicle of Philanthropy.