Event: VERGE 2018: The Future of Philanthropy
Tuesday, June 12, 2018: 8:00 - 11:00am EST at The National Press Club in Washington, DC
The brightest ideas in philanthropy do more than transform organizations—they transform lives. VERGE 2018 will be a forum for discussion where thinkers and doers can explore the leading edge of philanthropic vision transforming the nonprofit sector.
It’s a chance to build a nonprofit community where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand. This must-attend event is designed for philanthropic leaders, bringing together an audience of leading influencers to discuss what’s on the horizon for nonprofits.
VERGE 2018 coincides with the release of the Giving USA report, and the event will include a discussion of the data's biggest headlines.
- José Andrés, Founder, World Central Kitchen
- Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
- Nehal Jain, incoming freshman at Duke University and women's rights advocate with the United Nations Foundation Girl Up campaign
- Stacy Palmer, Editor, Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Billy Shore, Founder and Executive Chairman, Share Our Strength
- Jeff Wilklow, Vice President, Campbell & Company
Schedule will include:
- Registration, networking, and light morning snack
- Giving USA report discussion by Jeff Wilklow
- Emerging trends discussion with Stacy Palmer and Jeff Wilklow
- Talks on disruption and the future of philanthropy by Billy Shore
- Fireside chat with Billy Shore and José Andrés
- Global philanthropy discussion with Kathy Calvin and Stacy Palmer
- Audience Q&A
- AFP Members: $49
- Nonmembers: $69
Space is limited. Register by Friday, June 8th to reserve your spot!
529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor
Washington, DC 20045
VERGE 2018 is presented by Campbell & Company in partnership with AFP DC and media partner, The Chronicle of Philanthropy.