Webinar: Hiring Outside the Box: How to Find Alternative Fundraising Talent
Thursday, April 19, 2018: 12:30 - 1:30pm CT
Behind every inspired fundraising strategy is a capable team, but what happens when there is a shortage of talent? Experienced and effective frontline fundraisers are hard to find, and higher education institutions are often forced to consider hiring from a small pool of underqualified candidates.
This webinar will explore the untapped fundraising potential of professionals with no development experience but a wealth of transferable skills. We will present original research on development hiring practices in higher education. By widening their scope, colleges and universities can leverage their alumni bases to find a new crop of standout fundraisers.
Through this session, we will cover:
- Identifying top prospective fundraisers from your alumni base
- Assessing whether candidates have the right motivations and transferable skills
- Onboarding and training fundraisers who come from different professional backgrounds
- Daniel Fissinger, Consultant, Executive Search, Campbell & Company
- Michael Doyle, Vice President for Institutional Advancement & Treasurer, Loras College
- James Hansen, Associate Vice President, University Advancement, Marquette University
- Lynn Heumann, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Human Resources, Office of University Development, University of Michigan