Event: Developing Your Major Donor Pipeline: How to Establish a Formal Qualification Program
Monday, June 10, 2019: 9:00 - 10:15am Eastern in Linthicum Heights, MD at the AFP Fundraising Day in Maryland
Qualifying major donors is an essential part of any healthy major gifts program, but it’s a common challenge for most development shops. An ongoing process with no hard deadlines, qualification involves reaching out to unknown prospects and weathering rejections.
The solution? A formal qualification program that establishes an efficient and manageable process for gift officers to follow. Using a structured approach can help steward donors, identify potential major and planned giving prospects, and upgrade annual gifts. In this session, we’ll discuss the nuts and bolts of a successful qualification program.
Participants will leave with a stronger understanding of:
- The importance of a qualification program and how it can benefit their organization
- How to effectively develop a qualification program
- Leveraging internal staff for a qualification program
- Tools to overcome common challenges or concerns related to managing a qualification program
- Christina Yoon, PhD, Vice President, Campbell & Company
- Rita Walters, Chief Development Officer, Catholic Charities of Baltimore