Webinar: Is Staff Turnover Holding You Back? Building High-Performing Development Teams in Human Services Organizations
Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:00 - 1:00 pm CT
This webinar has passed.
About this webinar:
As highlighted in the report, UnderDeveloped: A National Study of Challenges Facing Nonprofit Fundraising , your human service-focused organization has likely grappled at some point with high turnover and long vacancies in your development positions. How do we build and retain a high performing development team that is the consistent and meaningful connection between donors and our missions? In this webinar, we’ll explore successful strategies for staff recruitment, retention, and planned successions that translate into real fundraising results.
Questions we will answer:
- Why are we losing our development staff and struggling to replace them?
- What is the true cost of development staff turnover?
- What does a development department with high-staff retention and satisfaction look like?
- When is a healthy time for staff succession and how can we plan for a seamless transition?
- What difference in fundraising results can you expect when you have a high-performing, stable development team?
- Valerie Broadie, Vice President for Development, Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington
- Marian Alexander DeBerry, Director, Executive Search, Campbell & Company
- Tom LeClair, Vice President for Development, Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago
- Michelle McDaniel, Chief Development Officer, FareStart
- Kris Landin McFeely, Senior Consultant, Executive Search, Campbell & Company
Executive Leaders, Volunteer Leaders, Fundraisers (all levels), and Human Resources staff (all levels) at human services organizations.
Full participation in the above webinar is applicable for up to 1 CFRE continuing education point in category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or re-certification.