Webinar: It Takes a Village: Independent Schools Fundraising as a Team Effort
Wednesday, February 28, 2018: 12:00 - 1:00 pm CT
About this webinar:
It’s no secret that development staff are in charge of philanthropy at independent schools, but should they shoulder all of the responsibility? The most effective programs use an integrated approach to build relationships, make asks, and achieve philanthropic success. Board members, the Head of School, and outside partners all represent untapped stores of fundraising potential. This webinar will take a deep dive into the team approach to philanthropy, examining best practices and exploring the real-world experiences of Mark Day School in San Rafael, CA and The Fenn School in Concord, MA.
In this session, we will cover:
- The unique roles that the Head of School, Board members, development staff, and outside partners play in the fundraising process
- How to bring these key stakeholders together to work as a successful philanthropy team
- Julia McGuire, Executive Vice President, Campbell & Company
- Christina Yoon, Vice President, Campbell & Company
- Veronica Jorge-Curtis, Director of Advancement, The Fenn School
- Wendy Levine, Director of Development, Mark Day School
Intended audience: Independent schools development staff, Head of Schools, and board members
CFRE: Full participation in the above webinar is applicable for up to 1 CFRE continuing education point in category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.