Event: Creating a High-Performance Environment for Major Gifts
Thursday, November 7, 2019 in Los Angeles, CA at AFP-GLAC National Philanthropy Day
Exact time TBA.
In nonprofit fundraising, an effective major gifts program provides a robust return on investment, funding critical, mission-driven work. But how do you create a high-performance environment for major gifts?
Weaving together new evidence-based strategies and compelling case studies, this session will lay out a path to major gifts success. Our presenters will reference data from Giving USA and Campbell & Company’s latest research to illuminate trends and discuss how development leaders can leverage them for greater impact. Topics will include mid-level donors as a bridge between the annual fund and major gifts, major gift team goals and retention, and the importance of a strong major gift culture organization-wide.
Attendees will leave the session with a better understanding of:
- How emerging trends in fundraising are impacting major gifts—and what to do about it
- How to recruit and keep a high-performing major gifts team
- How to craft and execute on strategies that will increase major gifts ROI
- Cassie Carter, PhD, Senior Consultant, Campbell & Company
- Dan Nevez, Senior Consultant, Executive Search, Campbell & Company