Webinar: From CDO to CEO: The Path to Leading a Nonprofit
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 12:00 - 1:00 pm CT
If you want to download the slides for today's Campaign Prep 1 please Click here
This webinar has passed.
About this webinar:
Our webinar will cover what skills an aspiring CEO should have in their toolkit, explore the real-life case study of a CDO who became a CEO, and make the case that the CDO is sometimes the strongest candidate to ultimately lead an organization.
Being the CEO of a nonprofit takes a deep understanding of both functional areas and broader issues of organizational strategy—both areas where chief development officers can offer far-reaching experience. But what does it take for a CDO to ascend to an organization’s top job?
Attendees will learn:
- Fundamental experiences and knowledge that are necessary to become CEO
- How to overcome the challenges facing those that aspire to become CEO
- How organizations should reframe their thinking when hiring for a new CEO
- The tough expectations former CDOs should expect when becoming CEO
- Marian Alexander Deberry, Director, Executive Search, Campbell & Company
- Patricia Tuomey, Former President and Executive Director, Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
Nonprofits seeking new executive leaders, senior-level development officers
Full participation in the above webinar is applicable for up to 1 CFRE continuing education point in category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.