President and Chief Executive Officer
Successful fundraising combines the artful communication of an organization’s vision with the science of best practices. While this concept is in itself very simple, implementing it has become increasingly complex. Campbell & Company works to merge these two vital components to create winning campaigns. From developing strategy to executing an expertly-conceived campaign operating plan, we work collaboratively with our clients from preparation to implementation. For 38 years, this partnership has been the basis of our success.
Recent Clients Served
- College of Saint Benedict
- The Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Great Lakes Science Center
- Latin School of Chicago
- Lovett School
- Marquette University
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Saint Mary's College
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Seattle University
- University of Notre Dame
- YMCA of the USA
Areas of ExpertiseStrategic Fundraising Planning, Large Gift Fundraising, Governance Best Practices, Working with Senior Leadership, Educational Institutions, Healthcare Fundraising
About Peter FissingerThroughout his 30-year career in institutional advancement, Peter Fissinger has designed and implemented major capital fundraising, annual giving programs, planned giving programs, and marketing and publication efforts. Peter is committed to creating effective and successful campaigns and development programs for Campbell & Company clients. In doing this, he helps organizations systematize fundraising best practices, helping them build strong philanthropic relationships, and guiding organizations as they develop compelling cases for support that staff, board members and other key constituents can embrace.
A skilled communicator and facilitator, Peter appreciates opportunities to:
- Help advancement professionals and board members learn to communicate an organization’s needs and potential to existing and new donors
- Working with institutional leaders (board and staff) to develop new strategies for improving their fundraising results
- Expand Campbell & Company’s roster of consultants with meaningful experience to better serve clients nationwide
- Lead strategic thought leadership practices that expand knowledge in the nonprofit sector
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Peter served in advancement roles in institutions of higher education, independent schools and medical organizations. He is a member of the board of the Giving Institute, a past chair of the Giving USA Advisory Council on Methodology, a past president of the Chicago Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), a member of the CASE Industry Advisory Council, a member of the board of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago and a member of the Naperville Historic Preservation Commission. Peter is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross.