"I help organizations see themselves from a donor’s perspective. As a result, my clients can address the concerns and needs of key volunteers and donors and advance them toward making gifts that reflect their true passions. At the end of the day, I make sure that we get it right the first time—developing plans and strategies that work to fully engage constituents."
Areas of Expertise
Healthcare, Education, Performing Arts, Association
About Jeff Wilklow
Jeff Wilklow puts his more than thirty years of development experience to work as a keen empathizer—he thinks of each donor’s needs and each constituent’s needs as guideposts toward thoughtful, tailored fundraising solutions that help organizations move forward in fulfilling their missions. Jeff shares his enthusiasm for relationship building with each client, and his track record of developing successful long-term partnerships between organizations and their donor groups demonstrates just how effective his enthusiasm is. In each client relationship, Jeff seeks out opportunities to:
- Tap into the enthusiasm and commitment of volunteer leaders to bring energy and drive to campaigns and fundraising initiatives
- Articulate the vision of the organization’s future to rally and motivate staff, volunteers and donors around advancing the mission
- Identify top donor prospects and develop strategies for fully engaging them in the organization’s success
- Build a highly effective internal development function by streamlining systems and staffing
- Ensure the integration of all development, internal and external communications and external relations efforts in order to maximize the opportunity to connect effectively with key constituencies
For six years, Jeff was the Vice President of Development for the Points of Light Foundation, where he helped conceive and develop a $100 million campaign for program support. He also served as Senior Vice President of Eisner, Petrou & Associates, a marketing communications firm, and provided strategic communications counsel to corporate, nonprofit and association clients. As Director of Corporate Relations at Children’s National Medical Center, Jeff played a major role in the conception and implementation of the successful $40 million Campaign for Children’s. Prior to that, he was the Associate Director of Development at Very Special Arts. He began his development career at Special Olympics International and Special Olympics Virginia.
Jeff earned his Bachelor of Arts from Union College in Schenectady, New York. He is an active member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) chapter of Greater Washington, DC, where he served as president. Additionally, Jeff is past president of The Arc of Northern Virginia and currently serves as a member of The Arc’s Foundation Board, and he is president of the Accotink Unitarian Universalist Church.