"I work with each of my clients in order to understand the strengths of their fundraising programs and strategies, as well as the specific challenges that they face. To develop appropriate solutions, I carefully analyze variables and available data to make tailored recommendations based in best practices and my experience as a nonprofit executive and team leader."
Areas of Expertise
International Development Philanthropy, Health and Human Services Philanthropy, Education Philanthropy, Association Philanthropy and Religious Institutions Philanthropy
About Dirk Sellers
Dirk takes pride in applying his broad knowledge of the nonprofit sector in every engagement. He gets to know clients by taking stock of their needs, goals and challenges, and combines data and trends with best practices and personal experience to craft recommendations tailored to each organization, right now, where they operate. This melded approach—client-specific but with an eye toward current events in philanthropy and beyond—makes Dirk’s insights as unique as they are valuable. He is adept in helping clients:
- Identify prospective funders and volunteer leaders, developing engagement strategies that drive an organization’s fundraising efforts to new levels of success
- Understand how donors and partners view the organization, and develop carefully tailored strategies to deepen and strengthen these relationships
- Articulate a vision for the organization’s future, and foster the collaborations and partnerships absolutely critical to realizing it
- Build internal capacity for private philanthropy that is efficient and highly effective, with streamlined systems and practices tailored to the client’s specific needs and in clear view of unique challenges and opportunities
- Navigate complex organizational transformations and chart a course for growth that leverages a client’s value proposition and harnesses the enthusiasm and dedication of its staff and volunteer corps
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Dirk served as Executive Director and President of the GAVI Fund, the U.S. arm of the GAVI Alliance (formerly the Global Alliance for Vaccines & Immunization). GAVI aims to improve health in the developing world by accelerating access to vaccines and strengthening health systems. During his tenure at GAVI, Dirk oversaw a complex reorganization that led to a refocusing on private philanthropy and advocacy. He secured many of GAVI’s first lead investments from the private sector, including six- seven-, and eight-figure from individuals, foundations and corporate partners.
Dirk also served as an executive at a national consulting firm where he collaborated with a range of clients including The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria; United Nations Foundation; Gonzaga College High School in Washington; White Plains Hospital Center; and the Diocese of Raleigh. He helped design and implement a professional development and training program for the firm and received award recognition for customer service, development of collateral materials, and innovative work across a number of engagements.
Dirk is a graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He is also a certified commercial pilot and has completed coursework toward a Master’s degree in community leadership.