Connect with me on LinkedIn!
“Leveraging my 30+ years of experience working with nonprofits across all sectors, I develop tailored strategies to meet each organization’s specific needs. I have a proven track record of helping organizations enhance their development efforts through projects ranging from initial assessments to major campaign fundraising.”
Areas of Expertise
Arts and Culture, Healthcare and Human Services, and Education Philanthropy, Strategic Planning, Board Development, Campaign Preparation and Implementation, Volunteer Training
About Craig Hightower
A member of the Southern California team, Craig Hightower has more than 30 years of experience in the nonprofit sector. His energy, talent and entrepreneurial instincts are evident in all of his client work, and his focus on helping clients achieve measurable success drives each project from start to finish. In his client work, Craig most values opportunities to:
- Make a lasting, positive impact on a client and all those it serves.
- Work with volunteers and donors to expand their fundraising skill sets and empower them to action on behalf of an organization.
- Help to raise donors’ sights, showing them a client’s strengths and how their increased giving can help transform an organization.
- Build fundraising infrastructure, ensuring that appropriate systems and staff are in place to support current and future philanthropy.
- Develop strong Boards, securing the present and future of client leadership on all levels.
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Craig served as regional Vice President of Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In 1992, he joined Children’s Hospital of Orange County to revive a stalled capital campaign to build a new hospital, and he later served as Chief Development Officer with oversight of the hospital’s comprehensive development program.
Other positions include serving as a Development Officer for California Institute of the Arts, Major Gifts Officer at the Music Center of Los Angeles County and Executive Director of the Strawberry Creek Music Festival in Malibu, California.
A musician by training, Craig earned a Bachelor of Music from Eastman School of Music and a Master of Music from the University of Southern California.
Craig works with clients across the nation, but mainly serves the Southern California market.