Annual Giving Consultant
Every annual giving program is unique, so I take a fresh and tailored approach to working with each client. I believe that a cookie-cutter approach won’t solve a program’s specific challenges.
Recent Clients Served
- The Boston Conservatory
- California Western School of Law
- John Carroll University
- Northern Illinois University
- Northwestern University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- St. Ignatius High School
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Southern Illinois University
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- University of Memphis
- University of South Dakota
- University of St. Joseph
- Wittenberg College
In his client work, Brian most enjoys:
- Finding the specific tools that work for each organization’s needs and ensuring that staff and volunteers know how to use them.
- Teaching annual giving professionals around the country how to address challenges and succeed year after year.
- Learning to use the latest technologies in annual giving and sharing these advances.
Brian serves as the President of the Emeril Lagasse Foundation. Carrying out the vision of Emeril and Alden Lagasse, the Foundation supports programs that work to inspire, mentor and enable youth to help them achieve their fullest potential. Prior to this, he was the Senior Vice President for Central Development at the University of Arizona Foundation and helped launch their $1.5 billion campaign. Brian has also served as the Assistant Vice President of Advancement at Salve Regina University overseeing alumni and development efforts; the Senior Director of Development for the University of California-Irvine and Assistant Campaign Manager for the UCI-Irvine Medical Center; and the Director of Annual Giving Programs at Iowa State University. His career began as a caller in the phone room at Ohio University.
Brian is also a frequent speaker at professional conferences throughout North America and has served as chair or faculty on 30 national development conferences. He has been awarded the CASE Crystal Apple for teaching excellence; the youngest person to ever receive this honor. Additionally, he hosts collaborative benchmarking meetings for Target Analytics, a Blackbaud Company.