Senior Consultant, Executive Search
In Executive Search, I live for the thrill of the chase. With each client, I listen closely to learn the specific characteristics, skills and experience they seek in a leader. My research skills allow me to carefully and objectively evaluate each candidate against carefully developed criteria and find the perfect match.
Recent Clients Served
- American Printing House for the Blind
- Baylor School
- The Blake School
- Carroll College
- College of Saint Benedict
- Communities In Schools of Chicago
- Cranbrook Academy of Art and Art Museum
- Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund
- Hope College
- John Carroll University
- The Latin School of Chicago
- Marquette University
- McCormick Theological Seminary
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- Northern Michigan University
- Rasmuson Foundation
- Seattle University
Areas of ExpertiseCreating recruitment materials, identifying and interviewing candidates, and assisting clients with the selection process
About Andrew Smerczak-ZorzaAndrew Smerczak-Zorza is a member of Campbell & Company’s Executive Search team, in the Chicago office. Andrew works with clients conducting top-level searches to paint a picture of both sides of the table, working to understand an organization’s needs on one side while conducting extensive research and outreach to candidates whose professional goals meet the client’s needs. This close relationship with the client is the basis of what Andrew enjoys most about his role:
- Presenting clients with new, top-notch candidates that they are thrilled to meet.
- Knowing that top candidates will help our clients advance their missions.
- Conducting research to narrow the universe of potential candidates.
- Hearing from candidates who are excited to apply for positions and feeling like a successful matchmaker.
- Hearing from candidates when they’ve been selected as the successful candidate.
Prior to joining Campbell & Company, Andrew taught for four years in schools in the United States and abroad. From 2003 to 2006, he participated in The Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme in Nagano Prefecture, Japan, where he served as an assistant English teacher at the junior-high level, as well as developed and taught an English curriculum in four elementary schools. As block leader for his region, he implemented a plan to assist more than 20 new and existing JET participants in the Saku area with their acclimation to daily and school life in Japan. After returning to the U.S. in 2006, Andrew taught physical education at St. Martin de Porres High School in Waukegan, Illinois.
Andrew received his Bachelor of Arts from Albion College in Michigan, where he majored in History and Secondary Education and served as Vice President for the Organization for Latino/Awareness. Andrew remains an active alumnus of Albion College. He enjoys world traveling and is an avid Detroit sports fan.